What 2021 holds for CYT

lukemango

Owner
Owner
Best answers
Well, it's that time again.
Let's not sugarcoat it, overall, this year has been pretty shit. From WW3 nearly happening, Brexit, COVID-19 and Trump's tantrums and so much else, there's no way that 2021 can be nearly as bad as what 2020 has been. Let's look towards the future and move forward together.

**Queue the uplifting music**

I'd like to just take a moment to thank each and every player that's contributed, played, criticized, and stuck by us over the past (nearly) 4 years, you've all helped CraftYourTown become what it is today and we cannot thank you enough. Should CraftYourTown ever shutdown (I pray it doesn't), it will certainly be for me and so many others, an unforgettable experience.

Now, let's focus on what we've achieved this year. To begin with, it's the first year in CraftYourTown's history that we hit 100 concurrent players, that was an unbelievable moment, we were forced to upgrade hardware and get a custom server jar to deal with the significant increase of players. Kind of a weird flex? CraftYourTown has changed vastly throughout 2020, going from Version 7 where fishing was a monopoly, to Version 9 where you can do tons of things to earn cash in-game. We have SkyCraftia become one with CraftYourTown, (thankyou @cozyGalvinism for believing in CraftYourTown and sticking with us, means a lot!) although that was short-lived, we'll be rebooting Skyblock early next year with some fun, custom, and most importantly unique content. Earlier this year, @brad joined us and has only helped CraftYourTown become better, so far it's been a pleasure for me to work beside you. Myself and Brad have been friends since January (ish) 2014 so, we knew we'd work well together, and so far so good! Not to forget, @Pinkjemm and Texilated joined us and empowered Towny Dungeons, seriously, these two are insane at what they do. We're lucky and thankful to have you both. Now, this was late and unexpected, but CraftYourTown Alert has restarted and we're beyond excited to see what the community makes out of the reboot. We've missed you!

I can't pretend we haven't had our downs this year, not everything we do will be perfect, at the end of the day, we're a group of young adults making a Minecraft server. We sincerely appreciate constructive criticism as that helps us identify where issues are and what we can work on, so feel free to leave suggestions in our discord server.

So, what's the future hold for us?
Well, nobody knows. The future is unexpected, and 2020 proved that, however, what we can say is, we're not done yet, not even close. We have a ton of things planned for 2021, mostly regarding the release of Skyblock and Towny Dungeons which so far, both are amazing and we hope you'll love them as much as we have created them. Towny Version 9 will continue into the new year, with Content Updates resuming in January after the Christmas break to bring new, enticing, and fresh ideas to the table, just like we've always done.

A few memorable names for me personally from this year: (In no particular order)
htmls, Trokie111, HelenAngel, pentlock, Texilated, Pinkjemm, ArcticRaven_, lolitsdillonx, Ufinexa, VersionOmega, _ItzAmy_, Sadbri, cozyGalvinism, Oribuin, Thornagator, Emo_Hobo, OriginalMistake, xSiilver, StormBolio, Katchow, PennyStocks, RileyDean, Aries1012, AndrewFrigon, iChasm, Jpsh, FreakingFear, Smegalmaster, Ceabed, Starkittycat, XP_PD, Urimiya, TurnerPerson, Yiroh, 69in, ChunkyChaya

Last but not least, thank you to every single one of you, you all mean the world to me and I hope 2021 if anything brings us all closer together, CraftYourTown is a family, a very dysfunctional one, but still a family.

Thank you for (almost) 4 incredible years, and we'll see you on the server soon! <3
- Luke