Investigating Villagers keep going missing.

Amber

Known
Donator
Best answers
Username:Amber_Amber

Date found: March 21 and 22, 2020

Description of issue or what happened: Yesterday I go to look in on my villagers and some are missing. I have even name-tagged 2 of them and they still went missing. The chunk they were in had no other mobs in it except 1 minion. Mob spawn was turned off. The room was well lit and unescapeable. No one except me had access to the room. Eventually there are only 2 villagers left. When I logged on today, they were all gone.

Today I used 2 eggs to restart my villagers. I moved them 3 chunks away from were they were before. I named one "Sam" and now Sam is gone. But Sam had children. So when I returned, Sam was gone, but his 5 unemployed children and spouse were still there. Interesting note: Sam's Lectern was in the house, but all 5 Villagers were unemployed. When I added more Lecterns to the house, they became Librarians. So the game thinks that Sam's Lectern is being used by him still.

Steps to reproduce the issue? idk, I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem.

Do you have any mods enabled? (If so please state which, and the version of each mod) Mini-map

Minecraft Client Version? 15.2

Anything else we should know?

Amber

Known
Donator
Best answers
It happened again today. It appears that 3 of my name-tagged villagers have disappeared. I cannot find Sue, Francis and Mason.