SUPPLY DROP COOL-DOWN

ChunkyChaya

Very Notable Member
Former Staff
Best answers
Right now the current cool-down on supply drop is 10 seconds,

I believe that it should be lowered to 5 seconds. 10 seconds is an absurd amount to wait for a crate & envoy crates usually have a 3 second cool-down. I think 5 seconds would be more beneficial but not too easy at the same time. ;)

MissIono

Talkative
Best answers
It used to be 15 seconds. The reason the wait time is "so long" is to avoid one single player getting too many crates. Especially with epearls allowed, you can simply get a crate and epearl to the next one and almost immediately get it if the wait time is 3-5 seconds. It's also this long to encourage friendly PvP over "I'm going to get that crate!".

However if its a really demanded change that players want.. then yea it should be lowered :)

Jpsh

Known
Former Staff
Best answers
You could disable Ender Pearls to nerf the cooldown being so short as it would drastically increase the time between getting from 1 crate to another,

One thing I do not prefer is Crates spawning in the trees, especially now more than ever with the Elytra being disabled, which I am glad it was, as it made the pvp aspect non existent, so if you were to disable Ender Pearls to counter the short cooldown you also should move the crates down from the trees to make them legitimately obtainable

MissIono

Talkative
Best answers
The reason for crates being in trees is because it makes them more of a challenge to get, if they're all on the ground and such it makes it too easy and its basically just free rewards. Need to make it somewhat of a challenge y'know ;)

Also you don't need elytra for the trees, so I don't see why that's an issue you're having, the epearls work too :(

Jpsh

Known
Former Staff
Best answers
Challenge =/= Owning Pearls,
If it was parkour or a puzzle? sure, I mean I would understand that but it's just a right-click and free easy reward, My main issue with Ender Pearls is the fact that combat log does not block them, meaning "I have been hit oh jeez oh darn time to spam right-click until I can instantly tp out", a good resolve would just disable Ender Pearls.

MissIono

Talkative
Best answers
Well thats just how itll work- if you're in a pvp battle and get away with e-pearls there's nothing wrong with that. You're free to chase the person around.

ChunkyChaya

Very Notable Member
Former Staff
Best answers
^ Or add like a 5-8 second delay between each pearl. The point of a combat tag is to ensure people can't just escape the situation easily by tping away or logging out and they can pretty much do the same thing with epearls. It's kind of along the same reason how elytras were disabled in supply drop.

MissIono

Talkative
Best answers
^ Or add like a 5-8 second delay between each pearl. The point of a combat tag is to ensure people can't just escape the situation easily by tping away or logging out and they can pretty much do the same thing with epearls. It's kind of along the same reason how elytras were disabled in supply drop.
I like/agree with the idea of a cooldown on e-pearls

Yiroh

Builder
Builder
Best answers
Suggestion is no longer valid due to the feature it applies to no longer included on skyblock, thread can be closed.