Investigating Reduce the price of CE Protection Crystals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MycroftJr

Talkative
Best answers
$25k per item per death is too expensive for me to ever consider gambling on envoy, especially since I've never had more than $150k total. Given the amount of work I've put into my armor, losing it in Envoy isn't an option either.

Could you reduce the price to something like $5k per crystal? $25k to protect a full set of armor and a weapon seems much more reasonable.

Nuggie

Talkative
Former Staff
Best answers
I disagree, I feel 25k is a solid price per item, Envoy is still suppose to encourage PvP, having crystals set to 5k each would make it just as bad as soul bound.

If you don't feel safe with buying 150k worth of protection crystals just to run envoy to protect your gear, don't run envoy. Or just don't run geared just run naked.

Like I stated on your last post, Envoy is Risk = Reward situation, not a freebie.

MycroftJr

Talkative
Best answers
I doubt that most people on the server even *have* $150k. Which makes the event rather inaccessible at that price.
And when I run naked unless I'm completely alone I get pretty much insta-killed, as if they have some kind of player detector.

ChunkyChaya

Admin
Admin
Best answers
Relatively speaking, if you went into envoy with protection crystals worth 5k, you could easily make the money back if you’re lucky enough while in the envoy. Having the price set to 25k makes it so players are more weary to go into envoy. If anything, it should maybe even be a little bit more expensive in my opinion. As Nugget said, it’s a risk but you could be rewarded good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.