Quest Suggestions

Emo_Hobo

Admin
Admin
Best answers
Hey everyone!

I wanted to make a thread where you guys can make some suggestions for quests you would like to see. Having your input is immensely important to find out what content you all are wanting, so please post your ideas here! Your ideas can be as simple as "Make a quest about X" to writing out an entire storyline for a quest or quest line. Posting will not necessarily guarantee a quest being made, and parts of it WILL be changed in order to adapt to the server and plugin's capabilities. Let your imagination run rampant!

AND NO SUGARCANE QUESTS YET. MAYBE IN THE FUTURE BUT STOP REQUESTING THEM.

Yiroh

Builder
Builder
Best answers
This is a tiered quest which means you have to complete the tiers in order!

TIER ONE
Quest story idea: Help the hungry animal!

NPC Name: Ferret (Use skin please)

Lore: You are wandering around when you discover a Ferret passed out on the side of the path, you decide to help the Ferret. The Ferret whines for food, so you feel inclined to find the animal food.

Quests Task: Deliever Ferret twelve apples and a bucket of milk.

Quests Reward: $500

TIER TWO
Quest story idea: Find the children.

NPC Name: Ferret

Lore: Once the ferret is filled with the food you have recently delivered, you ask the Ferret what happened. The Ferret jumps to its feet and exclaims "Where are my children?" You look around but they are nowhere in sight. You tell the Ferret you will find them at all costs. The Ferret agrees to wait until you find the Ferret's children.

Quests Task: Bring Ferret three villager eggs.

Quests Reward: $2000

TIER THREE
Quest story idea: Restore the Ferret's memory.

NPC Name: Ferret

Lore: The Ferret hugs the children as you bring the children to the ferret. The Ferret cries with joy as she is reunited with her family. Then you ask the Ferret where they will go but the Ferret simply says "Home" but seems to have forgotten where that was. Maybe you can restore the Ferret's memory of where the family once lived.

Quests Task: Bring the Ferret one Clock of Time.

Quests Reward: $2500

TIER FOUR
Quest story idea: Find the location of the Ferret's home.

NPC Name:
Ferret

Lore:
The Ferret begins to regain memories of their home, but the location of the home is still unclear. The Ferret whimpers of sorrow due to not being able to return home immediately. The children soon follow. You attempt to cheer up the Ferret by taking the task to find the location for yourself. The Ferret looks up gratefully with tears running down the Ferret's face.

Quests Task: Bring the Ferret thirty-two empty maps

Quests Reward:
$1500

Sammy7s7

Known
Best answers
I get bored with excessive fetch quests where you lose your progress if you quit. Any variation would be appreciated. Maybe instead of 1000 iron ore you fetch 250 iron ore 250 gold ore 250 magma blocks and 250 water buckets. Quests are supposed to relieve my boredom not cause it.

Pack

Friendly
Donator
Best answers
I get bored with excessive fetch quests where you lose your progress if you quit. Any variation would be appreciated. Maybe instead of 1000 iron ore you fetch 250 iron ore 250 gold ore 250 magma blocks and 250 water buckets. Quests are supposed to relieve my boredom not cause it.
yes collecting 250 water buckets sounds like it would relieve boredom.

yoboh

Known
Best answers
250 instead of 1000 is better. Guess the point of the post eluded you.
The requirements for the quest you suggested are 250 iron ore 250 gold ore 250 magma blocks and 250 water buckets.

1 bucket = 3 iron
250 buckets = 750 iron

Including the 250 iron ore, you'd need 1000 iron still. Guess this fact eluded you.

Yiroh

Builder
Builder
Best answers
You can get the 750 iron without actually mining, unlike for the 250 iron ore... Slimefun is really helpful in that aspect.

Sammy7s7

Known
Best answers
The requirements for the quest you suggested are 250 iron ore 250 gold ore 250 magma blocks and 250 water buckets.

1 bucket = 3 iron
250 buckets = 750 iron

Including the 250 iron ore, you'd need 1000 iron still. Guess this fact eluded you.
You can get the 750 iron without actually mining, unlike for the 250 iron ore... Slimefun is really helpful in that aspect.
I was just writing a post about that when it said there was another message.

Iron does not equal iron ore. Iron can be acquired by smelting iron dust or from iron nuggets both of which are attainable from a standard dust machine. Also 375 iron ore can be broken down into 750 dusts and then smelted. Guess that fact eluded yoboh as well as the point of the post which is just doing the same thing a lot is boring but switching things up can be fun.

yoboh

Known
Best answers
I was just writing a post about that when it said there was another message.

Iron does not equal iron ore. Iron can be acquired by smelting iron dust or from iron nuggets both of which are attainable from a standard dust machine. Also 375 iron ore can be broken down into 750 dusts and then smelted. Guess that fact eluded yoboh as well as the point of the post which is just doing the same thing a lot is boring but switching things up can be fun.
Oh the point of the post didn't elude me. I just wanted to match your toxicity by copying what you said. I agree with the point of your post though. The fetch quests are quite boring. Some variation would be good (not 250 water buckets though).