Dungeons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sindricus

Friendly
Best answers
As some people may have noticed the dungeons are insane. Now, i understand them being a challenge but i believe some tweaking should be made. Here's my Idea :

With the dungeons like Bandit Den and Necropolis. The mobs drop the torn cloth and undead bone(forgot the name) which allow you to trade for enchanted iron armor.
Thats great and all, but i go into one of these and end up getting 2 to 3 shot in prot 5 diamond armor. I believe these should be rebalanced so you can actually run them in something like prot 4 diamond or even prot 3, because the iron armor you could actually get has no value in the upper dungeons. They should be tiered better so you work your way up.

Example :
Necropolis [Get your first set of iron armor and weapons with the enchants]
Then be able to use those or again even prot 4 to get the next set of iron armor from the Bandit Den. Theres no point in having them if you have to have prot 7 armor to even attempt them. Just makes those dungeons useless, especially since you can't even get curio to use for the higher tier armor.

xSiilver

Builder
Builder
Best answers
I'm not able to be a huge help with this subject but if you would like to run through some of the dungeons for fun I recommend trying the Cloud City one as it is one of the easier dungeons, geared towards people that have gathered some good gear.

Sindricus

Friendly
Best answers
I'm not able to be a huge help with this subject but if you would like to run through some of the dungeons for fun I recommend trying the Cloud City one as it is one of the easier dungeons, geared towards people that have gathered some good gear.
Yeah thats what I was told by alot of people and I do enjoy running through it, I just feel like the loot and tradable armors are flipped around. For me I'd say it should go Necropolis --> Bandit Den --> Cloud City --> Crimson court. In terms of difficulty.

Yiroh

Builder
Builder
Best answers
Your suggestion makes sense and is very possible to integrate (except for the fact that old players would have no use for these dungeons but we can work that out)... I do hope we implement this, thanks for the suggestion! :)

Sindricus

Friendly
Best answers
I'm glad it made sense and I feel like old players don't really use dungeons but I love them and if new players could do them. Even if in groups of 3 to 4 i feel like it'd make them shine alot more.

ChunkyChaya

Very Notable Member
Former Staff
Best answers
Only a few people really have the dungeon items on the server which creates an eco for the curio and the items. Right now the curio has a price between ~8k to ~10k. For the best piece of armor, it would technically be 480k to 600k. The armor and items both come with set perks as well. It wouldn't be fair to grind out the dungeons in a simple prot 4 set and in return you get prot 12 armor and a sharp 12 axe. You could theoretically go into the dungeons for an hour to grind out some curio and get an easy prot 6 and unbreaking 5 gear set.

It's also your 3rd day on the server. Things will get easier to come by, trust me. You can also get tokens by trading in flesh and spider eyes to get higher levels of enchants, which are specifically meant for the dungeons.

Realistically though, the dungeon gear and weapons have absolutely no use to them, which I agree. People grind out curios to get protection 12 armor just to fight mobs. So adding onto your suggestion, there needs to be some sort of incentive for people to go out and get dungeon armor because people get tired and bored of grinding out gear just to fight mobs in it. There needs to be some sort of competitive nature which I think would help dungeons increase in popularity because it's probably one of the lesser used features.

Sindricus

Friendly
Best answers
I agree on the fairness of using prot 4 to get the prot 12 and such, my point was simply that you should at the very least be able to use prot 4 to get the iron armor which I think is max prot 7 or 8. The curio should be hard to get 100% but the iron weapons and tools should definitely not be Harder to get than the diamonds.

Yiroh

Builder
Builder
Best answers
I tested cloud city with my gear at the time so I'm not sure what prot and healing equip you need to complete it, if you can let me know I can see if I can rein in the other dungeons to create a tiered ladder of difficulty and see if management agrees and it gets implemented =)

Sindricus

Friendly
Best answers
I tested cloud city with my gear at the time so I'm not sure what prot and healing equip you need to complete it, if you can let me know I can see if I can rein in the other dungeons to create a tiered ladder of difficulty and see if management agrees and it gets implemented =)
I ended up beating cloud city and the boss solo with prot 5 diamond armor. And a sharp 5 axe. I used a lot of potions though for the boss. But the regular monsters couldn't damage me much.

Yiroh

Builder
Builder
Best answers
I ended up beating cloud city and the boss solo with prot 5 diamond armor. And a sharp 5 axe. I used a lot of potions though for the boss. But the regular monsters couldn't damage me much.
Thanks for the feedback, that seems to be exactly how I intended it... I guess that will be the end-game solo dungeon and the crimson court will be end-game group dungeon...

Status
Not open for further replies.