Investigating Bring back SF soulbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

MycroftJr

Talkative
Best answers
I really don't think it's reasonable to pay 25k per item per death (for CE Protection Crystals) to keep items on death. That's 125k for full armor and 1 weapon.

I've never taken gear to an envoy on purpose, but you better believe that I won't be risking 125k to do so - all 5 crates aren't worth that.

The Soulbound Rune should be brought back, as well as the Soulbound Armor - after all, CE's don't work on the armor, and gear without CE's just isn't competitive in PvP (I hope CE's work with the Rune - if not maybe just make the Protection Crystal permanent instead?)

If you do bring SF Soulbound Runes back, you should end the sale of any further Protection Crystals, if only to prevent people from spending their money foolishly.

Thanks.

Nuggie

Talkative
Former Staff
Best answers
Envoy is a High Risk = High Reward situation, if you don't feel your gear is strong enough to take on a fair fight or someone greater then you in battle, don't go to it, or do at your own risk.

Removing Soul Bound was for the better good imo, it made it so people couldn't run envoy without any risk at all, now you can still run envoy without risk of losing gear, but you run the risk of loosing 125k which is better then losing your Gear with CEs on it that are usually worth far more then 125k in total.

TL : DR - Removal of Soul Bound and still Allowing Protection crystal's was a good idea, Envoy is meant to be high risk = high Reward.

Nuggie

Talkative
Former Staff
Best answers
My point was nothing about envoy being worth 125k, you are missing the point.

If envoy rewarded you 125k a run it would be broken as fuck, you run envoy for a chance of good rewards, with a risk. Soulbound allowed players to run Envoy with zero risk, it was stupid for the Economy and players that didn't run envoy. With the removal of Soul bound it's once again balanced the way it should be, players run it at a risk with the reward of good rewards or bad rewards, either way they are free.

MycroftJr

Talkative
Best answers
I should have said even a fraction of 125k... but what if we just made them cheaper?

Either way, there's a reason I don't gamble, and I don't think it should be required to PvP?

RileyDean

Admin
Admin
Best answers
Envoy is now a part of CYT, no one is required to use envoy nor is it required to pvp. Envoy is just one of our features that allows you to gain valuables. Soulbound was just one of the things that made envoy (like Nugget said), unbalanced. With Envoy Events being so popular, we need to make sure it stays stable and fair. By removing Soulbound it, it helped balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.